There are so many great writers and bloggers in the world, and it’s inspiring to read something that is so good and funny. This is the case when I read my old high school friend’s work, which you can find here. It’s honest and definitely exciting. Well I really loved this idea going around; write about things you really don’t know or care about. And now that’s what I’m doing-
My List of Things I refuse to know anything about:
1. I refuse to know anything about reality shows that aren’t food related. Real Housewives? Never saw an episode. Jersey Shore? Hell no. American Idol? Definitely not. It seems to me like all these people are dramatic weirdos that like having cameras in front of them so that they can somehow establish trends and social norms while also providing hours of humiliation.
2. I refuse to know anything about weddings. I seriously don’t know anything and if I were to ever get married, I would be completely lost. I think there is just way too much detail that goes into stuff like that and I’m a big picture kind of gal. In fact, thinking about them is daunting. I’ve never even been to one but I’ve seen movies. I hope no one I know is getting married soon so I can stay ignorant on this for as long as I can.
3. I refuse to know anything about weight loss pills/delivered food/surgeries. I know they help very obese people, but so does a treadmill and a plan. Honestly, I don’t trust any pill that does something like making you slimmer and fit. First they are incredibly expensive, and next as with most things, it requires exercise and such to work. Um, you can do that without having to take pills in the first place. You know what, if you have to work hard to get the results you want, you will be less likely to let yourself slip back into it. Just saying.
4. I refuse to know anything about veganism. No meat? No eggs? No honey? No thanks.
5. I refuse to know anything about giving up when things get tough. I never have, and I have had a lot of reasons to, believe me. But I can get through anything with a little bit of hope, drive and chocolate..
7. I refuse to know anything about men. They are all just too different to generalize. I used to try honestly, but now I know that it’s not good to think you know everything about the opposite sex. It’s better to just learn it as you go along with each different guy. He’ll appreciate it, and you will too.
8. I refuse to know anything about country music. All I can say about that.
9. I refuse to know anything about why people do truly terrible things. I could try to understand it, I mean, really really try. But you know what- there is never a reason good enough.
10. I refuse to know anything about being realistic. I’m not realistic, I’m a dreamer, I prefer imagination and innovation over traditional conformity. Being realistic has never helped me, if anything, it fails me and leaves me hopeless. But my imagination has gotten and takes me everywhere.
Until next time! Operation Happy shall commence.