It’s been a year of absolute craziness for me; I graduated, travelled abroad, moved, I am in a committed relationship with someone who makes me laugh (honest-to-goodness laugh), I’ve lost friends yet made new ones, I’ve sunk lower but climbed higher. This wasn’t a bad year, in fact, it might have been one of the best years of my adult life. I learned a lot about myself; I’m stronger than I think and I can survive the big and bad things thrown my way. I can make decisions I never thought I would have to or want to make and I’ve overcome the little pains and hurts inflicted by myself and others, which is trying at times.
So on this Christmas Eve, I’m not wishing for ridiculous things or making crazy ass resolutions. I’m keeping it simple for next year. I have no high hopes of winning a yacht anyway, or getting to fly in Santa’s sleigh, or eating three hundred million cookies/brownies/pounds of ice cream/ anything that is really delicious without gaining weight, or owning an army of animated swedish fish…. Most of all I don’t wish for a family I don’t have but I wishto keep the family I’m building. But here is my wishes/resolutions list for next year and a series of goofy photos of me and food-
1. Wish- I sincerely wish for a pasta maker. Yes, I know this is materialistic and you thought I was above that this year, but come on, I want to be a pasta making pro at one point in my life!
2. Resolution- I resolve to lose 25-20 pounds next year, but if it doesn’t happen, I won’t lose my damn mind and stop eating and exercise 4 hours a day. I’m going to let go just a bit, this obsession slowly kills me.
3. Wish- I wish at the end of the day that everyone who deserves happiness finds it, and those people in the world that are so severely damaged and who take pride in damaging others learn a lesson. A big life-changing lesson.
4. Resolution- I resolve to be more open-minded about my abilities as a chef. I can make anything I set my mind to, whether it be pastry or culinary and from now on, I’m going to try everything!
5. Wish- I wish for good health for me and everyone else, a clean apartment, new friends, better communication with old friends, new socks, and a laundromat inside my apartment building. I really hate walking down the street in Harlem to do laundry, it’s cold and no fun at all. Except when they are playing Jeopardy inside and I know the answers.
6. Resolution- I resolve to be less shady in my affairs. I don’t send out birthday cards or holiday cards, although I remember your birthdays and stuff, I’m just an avoider of all things post office. I will do better next year to send out things, I’m not that shady!
7. Wish- I wish that next year I will be with the LoML and we can start our own traditions. We’ll both avoid eating too much food for good measure, we’ll sing songs in different languages, watch movies and enjoy each other without one of us hopping on a plane in the near future. <— Love you.
8. Resolution- I resolve to make things happen in 2011. If I want to teach classes, write a book, appear on a cooking show, whatever I desire that is within or slightly outside of my grasp- I will make happen! No more dilly-dallying or waiting for things to happen for me, I’m going to do this.
9. Wish- I wish you all the best over the holidays, and in the new year. Thank you my faithful readers for sticking by me. You are simply amazing with your support and comments! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Eat some cookies and see you next year!