It’s Thanksgiving time! The time where you give thanks and eat a lot and think you are going to explode— but one more piece of pie can’t hurt right? Now I’m not entirely big on holidays but this year I have a lot to be thankful for, thus my list begins…..
Allie’s Thanksgiving list of Thankful things and stuff:
1. I would like to thank my mom (who hangs out with Morgan in Heaven) for sending me to culinary school, and thank myself for switching over to pastry. I’m really thankful to be a pastry chef, and a thumpin’ good one at that. <—- that was my impression of Hagrid for Harry Potter. Yup.
2. I would like to thank Starbucks for making hot chocolate with steamed soy milk. I love you too Starbucks.
3. A big thanks to the men, women, and children who make me hate the subway and bus system in NYC. Once I get off and walking in the fresh air, I’m extremely happy and I don’t want to murder anyone anymore. And that’s a really good feeling.
4. A very special thanks to Bon Appetit for 1. being my best childhood friend, 2. deepening my love through food by 3.having food porn splashed across the pages, and 4. also the very delicious recipes that always work! You get a high-five too.
5. I would like to thank the area of Harlem, NYC for being relentlessly cool with the countless areas to buy fried chicken, soul food, and that $2 soup on the corner. Thank you Harlem for having slightly strange grocery stores with weird items that are unbelievably tasty, convenience stores that are actually very convenient and cheap!, and naming your streets after important historical black figures. Thank you for being my favorite place to live Harlem- I’m not at all fearful for my life!
6. Big thanks to my friends who have stuck by me through literally the thick and the thin(ner). Your support has helped me in ways you couldn’t imagine. Especially when you yell at me and tell me what I don’t want to hear and I think about strangling you but then I know you have a good heart and I don’t want to go to jail. Thanks guys!
7. Last but not least, a very deep and special thanks to my LoML. Thanks for listening to my prattling about random things early into the morning, telling me when I have something sticking out of my nose, traveling across an ocean and continent to see me, and listening to my dreadful serenades of classic love songs. I love you oodles of noodles and more than cake or even (gasp!) chocolate!