The last few months have been tumultuous and extremely emotional given the stress of said tumult. I have been searching for a second job but to no avail, and I’m struggling right out of college. I know times are tough and things will be better soon, but as my most personal posting yet, I’ve been losing focus and becoming more and more hopeless. But not everything in the last three months has been an absolute failure. And that’s what I will look at today, because it gives me hope that all goals can be reached, just in time.
So list of Hope
1. I may not have adequate furnishings, but I have enough pots and pans to cook a full 3 course meal!
2. I may not be able to afford superior groceries, but I’ve been eating more proper portions and much more healthy.
3. Since laundry can be done four blocks down the street, I now appreciate good clean underwear and NEVER take that for granted.
4. I have to walk through Times Square every night to work in Bryant Park, but I always pass the Condé Nast building. My dream job is inside that building!
6. There are so many many flights of stairs in NYC, but my bottom is getting toned!
7. Since I cannot afford fun activities, I get to do exercise quite often in the convenience of my own home.
8. I’m a pastry chef again, a job I find to be stressful, but I proved everyone wrong who thought I walked away from the industry because I “don’t have what it takes.” Oh, I have what it takes alright!
10. Life may be a bit crazy and spinning out of control it seems, but I have an amazing boyfriend who makes life more bearable.
So that’s my list for now. And I will go back to struggling and hoping, and praying to Morgan Freeman. Is it weird that when I pray to him for the next train to be the B train so I won’t be late to work, it always is??? Morgan works in mysterious ways.