Time is a the epitome of conflict- it’s hard not to see it as a constant when actually it is the variable. We all think we have it and we all count on it continuing. Time never stops-we do. People stop. Life stops. Time continues with or without us. That’s the nature of it, but what if you haven’t done anything too exciting yet?
This has been on my mind- I mean what time do I have to do the things I really want to do? What do I really want to do? And so I came up with a list.
List of Things to Do Before my Time Stops:
1. Write a cookbook and celebrate the successes in the privacy of my home on the water in either Carmel, CA, Australia, or Tuscany, Italy. Also, I would like my husband, children, and the people I love there with me. I’d also like cake. Lots of cake.
2. Buy a home in either Carmel, CA, Australia, or Tuscany, Italy. And a loft in Boston or NYC just because.
3. Create an amazing recipe that wows everyone! And then make loads of money that enable me to afford buying a home after publishing the recipe in my cookbook.(See it all makes sense).
4. Eventually find and marry a guy who doesn’t think he needs a dictionary to understand me all the time, doesn’t need a few minutes to understand my jokes, and who doesn’t think my hair is too curly or my bottom is too large. CANNOT BE HELPED.And who also loves me back and tells me- Allie, you are the jelly to my peanut butter, you are the chocolate chips in my cookie….
6. Karaoke- I’ve always been too shy to try it, I just want to sing one monster ballad or extremely awesome girl song. It would also be really cool if the audience joined in and held out lighters. But not necessary really.
7. Eat a national food in every country I travel to. I know this will be hard, but when I travel to Ireland in two months, I have to try out some authentic Irish food (I know they don’t have the best record for good food….) and guinness. I mean really, I love food from around the world, I’m ready- are they?
8. Solve a really hard mystery, and then also say BOO-YAH when I explained the geniousness it took to solve it.
10. Have a chocolate bar named after me. Seriously, how do I go about doing that?
11. Ok, the last one is going to sounds ridiculous, which all of you know, I never do…. but ok, so- Marilyn Monroe was by today’s standards, a size 8. My goal in life is to not only be a size 8 (which is just one (!) size away) but also, and don’t laugh, to take a picture in a pinup costume just for myself. I know, I know that sounds ridiculous but I have always admired pin-up girls for being so confident. I would love to do this just for me.
One of my dear friends wants to have a character on The Simpsons, which I wanted to add to mine, but I won’t steal his. Even though I’ve watched The Simpsons longer than he has, and my character would be way cooler than his (don’t get mad if you’re reading this, I speak only the convoluted truth). But maybe one day…..
What would you like to do before your time stops?
P.S. Missing Swedish Fish…….